Last updated: March 2, 2020
Please note that this Policy does not apply to the information collected by our customers from the use of the INKY Services within their own infrastructure; that is, our customers remain responsible for their own privacy and security practices, which may differ from ours. If you are an employee of a company that uses the INKY Services, those INKY Services are governed by a separate agreement whose provisions take precedence over any conflicting language in this Policy.
By accessing or browsing the Sites and/or using the INKY Services, you confirm that you have read and understood the entirety of this Policy.
To view our Privacy Shield Statement visit: https://www.inky.com/privacy-shield-statement
Information We Collect and Process
To the extent permissible by applicable law, INKY reserves the right to process various types of Personal Information from you, the details of which are further described below. We do so in order to provide the INKY Services to you, to contact you with relevant offers and information requested by you, to fulfill certain requests, and to analyze how you use the INKY Services. Under certain circumstances that are described below, we may share the Personal Information with third parties, but only to perform the stated purpose.
Information You Provide to Us
When you contact us by e-mail or through the “Contact Us” or “Request a Demo” functionality feature on our Site, we collect the information you provide, including e-mail address, name, and telephone number, if applicable, and store such information in order to answer your questions or respond to your request or to contact you regarding our products and services.
Information Automatically Collected via Cookies & Web Tracking Technologies
Like many websites, we may utilize and at time, embed, automatic data collection tools into the Site and the INKY Services, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools may collect information related to:
- Email engagement. We use a third-party provider to embed clear gifs in our HTML-based emails. This allows us to analyze which marketing emails have been opened and engaged in by the recipients, which in turn allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to your Personal Information. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please refer to the “Choices About Your Personal Information” section below.
- Clickstream behavior. We gather certain information automatically that is subsequently stored in a log file. This information includes Internet Protocol addresses (“IP”), browser type, domain names, access times, referring website, country, pages visited, operating system, date and time stamp, and other data regarding what pages you have visited on the Site and how long a visitor was there. This data is reviewed for analytics purposes to aggregate and analyze Site visit trends. This allows us to make your visit to our Site easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and allows the Site to recognize you when you return.
- Cross-device matching. We use tracking technologies that allow us to identify all devices that are likely to be associated with a visitor to the Site so that ads can be targeted, capped and sequenced across those devices. It also helps us match devices so we can appropriately and accurately honor opt-out choices across all devices we know are connected to the opted-out cookie.
Information Provided via Social Media Features
Information collected when you use the INKY Services
In order to use the INKY Services, a user will authenticate by means of a single-sign on (SSO) provider. This allows us to avoid processing log in credentials that may be considered to be Personal Information. We do collect the applicable user’s IP address every time that user logs into the platform whereby the INKY Services are embedded.
In addition, as part of its normal functioning, the INKY Services may process email metadata (e.g. headers and origin IP address), email contents (e.g. email address, email body, and any attachments thereto), and email platform metadata (e.g. tokenized identifiers). We use this information exclusively for the purpose of providing the INKY Services to our users.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements; billing and payment processing; and, analytics services. Personal Information collected while you use the INKY Services (as described above) is not shared with any third-parties.
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, or who partner with us to provide the INKY Services to you;
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement;
- Other parties in connection with a strategic transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and,
- Other affiliates for purposes consistent with this Policy.
Choices About the Information You Provide
Data Subject Rights
The EU GDPR, the UK GDPR, and other countries' privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects. Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict; or object to our processing of your Personal Information;
To complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA and the UK is available here and for Switzerland, here;
To withdraw your consent of our processing of your Personal Information at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. If you wish to make a valid data subject request, please contact us at email@example.com. Before processing any such requests, we reserve the right to verify your identity to ensure that the request is valid and lawful.
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of INKY Services-related communications (e.g., account verification and account related information; changes/updates to our products or features of the INKY Services; technical and security notices), unless you cease using the INKY Services.
International Data Transfer Mechanism
INKY complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland to the United States. INKY has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
To view INKY’s Privacy Shield certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000CjYsAAK&status=Active
Information about Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the INKY Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we become aware of Personal Information collected from a child under 16, we will immediately delete said information. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com or using the “Contact Us” methods described below.
If you have any questions about this Policy or about how we handle your Personal Information, please reach out to us!
INKY Technology Corporation
5825 University Research Court Ste. 2000
College Park, MD, 20740, USA
Changes to this Policy
We periodically update this Policy. We will post any Policy changes on this page and if the changes are material, we will provide a more prominent notice by sending you an email notification, or if you subscribe to the INKY Services, via a notification within your INKY account portal.